The Workmen's Compensation Insurance Policy provides for legal liability coverage for compensation to your employees for bodily injury or death caused due to accidents / occupation diseases arising out of and in course of employment.
The workmen's compensation insurance is the primary method by which an employer can demonstrate the ability to satisfy the obligations imposed by the worker's compensation statutes. It is compensation payable under a scheme set out in the Workmen's Compensation Act of India, monitored by the Ministry of Labour.
This product is addressed to:
All manufacturing units with employees who fall under the purview of the Workmen's Compensation Insurance Act, 1923 have Employers' Liability exposures under the Act.
All business organisations have Employers' Liability exposures under Common Law and such organisations form the target market for this class of business.
Tea Crop Insurance - covers the transit and the storage of tea :
The Tea Crop Insurance covers loss or damage to your goods while being transported by rail, road, air or by sea, Processing Risk, Packing and storage at Warehouse, Job Workers locations, Processing Units. The policy compensates you for losses suffered and offers complete financial protection during the transit and Storage of your goods
The policy covers legal liability of an employer under:
*Table 'A' - Indemnity against legal liability to all employees (whether or not coming within the definition of the term Workmen) under the W.C.Act 1923 and subsequent amendment to the said Act prior to the date of issue of the policy, the Fatal Accidents Act, 1855 and at Common Law
*Table 'B' - Indemnity against legal liability under the Fatal Accidents Act, 1855 and Common Law. (Table 'B' policies may not be issued to cover employees who fall within the definition of "Workmen" under the Workmen's Compensation Act, 1923 as amended)
Main exclusions of the Standard Fire Product
* The general exclusions are broadly classified as:
• Any injury which does not result in fatality or partial disablement for a period exceeding 3 days
• The first 3 days of disablement where the total disablement is less than 28 days
• Any non-fatal injury caused by any accident directly attributed to:
• Influence of drinks or drugs
• Willful disobedience of an order for securing safety to the workman
• Willful removal or disregard of a safety guard device
• War group and nuclear group of perils
• Liability to employees of contractors of the Insured (unless separately declared and covered)
• Liability of the Insured assumed under an agreement
• Occupational Diseases.